Best green search engines 2022: Ecosia and other online green tools
Search engines can also be used to help recover the planet. For some, using environmentally friendly online research tools is not a big deal.
(Photo: Sean Gallup/Getty Images)
A participant sits with a laptop as he attends the Chaos Computer Club’s annual Chaos Communication Congress at the Berlin Congress Center on December 28, 2010 in Berlin, Germany.
But, if many people practice this habit, it will really have a huge effect. If you are constantly surfing the Internet, you might as well try these eco-friendly search engines.
Best Green Search Engines 2022
MakeUseOf has provided the top five green search engines that you, your family and friends can use daily. Just like Google and other popular browsing tools, these search software templates can also help you find the things you’re looking for online:
(Photo: Matt Cardy/Getty Images)
A pupil uses a laptop computer during an English lesson at the Ridings Federation Winterbourne International Academy in Winterbourne near Bristol on February 26, 2015 in South Gloucestershire, England.
Also Read: Google Search Hacks: How to Use Quotes, Hyphens, and More to find things on Google
- ocean heroes
- Ocean Hero is a search engine that focuses on saving marine organisms. The company partners with other organizations specializing in marine life and the environment.
- Ecosia is the complete opposite of Ocean Hero. This search tool aims to plant as many trees as possible. Once people use it, their research activities will lead to planting trees. You can even create an account to see the trees planted with your help.
- Created by the Tennis World Foundation, Rapusia focuses on helping the social environment. The company explained that 50% of the funds generated from advertisements and research will be used to solve hunger, provide clean water, protect stray animals and preserve biodiversity reserves.
- Elliot for water
- The “Elliot For Water” search engine aims to provide safe drinking water to communities in need, especially those in developing countries. As for revenue, 60% of its funds will be used to support solar power and other renewable energy sources.
- Ekoru is a research tool which aims Ecosia and Ocean Hero. This means that the company behind it is helping with reforestation, as well as cleaning up the water. The company said 60% of its revenue will be used for seagrass replanting, reforestation and other similar activities.
Other environmentally friendly online activities
Using green search engines is just one of the eco-friendly online habits you can adopt. Apart from that, YouMatter provided other similar habits:
- Avoid video streaming for a long time.
- Make sure only essential files are stored in your online storage.
- Delete unnecessary emails.
- Maintain your gadgets as much as possible.
Meanwhile, some climate activists have affected the three oil terminals in southeast England.
On the other hand, the worsening of the Arctic climate crisis has created new routes.
For more news on other green habits, always keep your tabs open here at TechTimes.
Related Article: 2022 Paperless Guide: Here Are Some Eco-Friendly Digital Habits You Can Adopt
This article belongs to TechTimes
Written by: Griffin Davis
ⓒ 2021 TECHTIMES.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.